Linux System Administrator (F/M)
Our mission is to make data accessible and generate insights and business opportunities for our clients. We leverage state-of-the-art technologies to build outstanding experiences for users.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of various linux systems which are the base of our working environment.
You will work with a team of talented and dedicated data scientists, developers and designers to help our clients define and exceed their project goals and find new approaches to make big data accessible.
- Training / apprenticeship in a technical profession.
- Curiosity for new technologies and tools, we like to try new things.
- Extended knowledge with Enterprise IPv4 Networks (Routing, Switching, VLAN, Enterprise WLAN (Ubiquiti), VPN).
- Experience in the setup and configuration of Unix Servers (mostly Ubuntu).
- Experience in setup and configuration of hypervisors such as KVM, Xenserver.
- Experience in setup and configuration of monitoring services such as Nagios, Zabbix.
- Ability to design, develop and integrate automated tools using basic Python or shell scripting.
- Ideally: Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible, puppet, chef.
- Interest in containerisation of infrastructure and development tools, preferably docker.
- Affinity to solving software problems and debugging hardware related issues.
- Willingness to setup and maintain work stations (mainly Mac laptops) and work spaces.
- Interest in cloud infrastructure e.g. AWS EC2.
- Team player, good communication skills and an independent, clearly structured working style.
- High proficiency in German and English.
About our IT landscape
- Various hypervisors (xenserver, KVM) in a high availability resource pool.
- Firewalls, DMZ, small in-house production system.
- A bunch of linux servers for infrastructure, file servers, DHCP, LDAP/Samba, DNS, WLAN controller, backup server …
- A few of linux application servers for e.g. Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Docker hosts.
- Various macOS laptops and workstations.
Besides the default social benefits and a competitive salary, we have regular but also flexible working hours according to your needs.
We offer free fruits and drinks, including Club Mate, of course. Last but not least, you will probably become a decent kicker player if you like.
Please send your conclusive application to email@example.com, stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.